Saturday, January 05, 2008

happy new year

new books for winter over at my etsy shop. the one on the left has amazing felt hats-i'm planning to keep it around for inspiration for years to come. the one on the right is scandinavian inspired felting--very cute! things scandinavian are trendy right now in japan, which makes sense, since a lot of northern european customs and aesthetics tie in rather well with zakka.
my gocco printed linen coasters also in the shop-bright red acorns seem good for winter, or maybe that's just squirrel logic!
my new wool muji slippers in orange. my toasty toes love them. (i couldn't resist and got the herringbone ones too! shhh. they're for guests;-)
here's the mouse from my last post-in honor of 2008, year of the 'nezumi,' or mouse, in japan.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...scandinavian things are trendy, you say? maybe we should work out a triangular export business plan! ;) (ps - your photo makes that mouse look huge! it reminds me of the tokyo godzilla from my guidebook...)

zakkalife said...

love the coasters

wonderful pictures

wardstorms said...

Hi There,
I just found your etsy store after doing a search on felting projects and then found your blog. I love your etsy store and all the stuff that you are making. I am interested in learning felting and the craft books in your shop look wonderful. Can you recommend a good japanese craft book on felting that would work for a beginner like me?

Jeanette Nord said...

Wow! Great blogg. I looked in at your Etsy store as well and the stuff you make are beautiful. I love felting both wet felting and needle felting and your work is very inspiring. I was especially interested in the goccu ( is that what it`s it called? ) that you used for printing. That is something I would really like to try out. I live in Sweden, can I still order from you? Shipping costs? What do I need to get started? I want to use it for my art and print on wool.

Would love to hear from you!
Jeanette

PS Is it okey if I link you to my blogg Handmade?

liz said...

thanks for the nice comments everyone!

shannon, i'm not sure that you need a book to start learning about felt from the very beginning. i sell beginner wet felting kits in my etsy shop, and if you want to try needle felting, that's a different process. there's a lot of how-to info on the felting board at craftster.org too.
the books are better after you've tried felting a little, and know what kind of project you'd like to try. feel free to email me directly, and i'd be ever so happy to give more detailed advice based on what you want to do.

jeanette, yes, i ship goccos all over the world-the shipping is $50 to sweden. to print on wool all you would need is the basic set (pg 5) and inks for fabric. and sure, you can link to me:-) again, feel free to email me directly.

cheers,
liz

Anonymous said...

Hola:
Estupendo tu blog,enhorabuena.
Yo no sé que tendrán los libros japoneses que los hace tan atractivos.A veces pienso que la fotos y los colores ayudan mucho pero de todas formas son estupendos.
Seguiré visitandote y lo dicho :Hasta la próxima.
Ana